A New Collection of Thoughtful Learning Apps — Now Available on iOS & Android

Image
I’m excited to share a set of mobile apps I’ve recently completed and published on both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. These apps are designed with a simple goal in mind: to make meaningful, structured content more accessible, whether you’re studying theology or improving your English vocabulary. 📱 Now Available on Both Platforms All apps are live and available for download: Google Play Developer Page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=5835943159853189043 Apple App Store Developer Page: https://apps.apple.com/ca/developer/q-z-l-corp/id1888794100 📖 Theology & Confession Study Apps For those interested in Reformed theology and classical Christian teachings, I’ve developed a series of apps that present foundational texts in a clean, focused reading format: The Belgic Confession Canons of Dort Heidelberg Catechism Westminster Shorter Catechism Each app is designed to provide a distraction-free experience, making it easier to read, reflect, and revisit these im...

2026 August 2nd - Afternoon Sermon Reflection:This Is Our God

 

This Is Our God



This afternoon, the sermon began with a simple question:

Who is your God?

At first, I realized how easily I would answer that question by talking about what God has done for me.

He saved me.
He forgave me.
He provides for me.
He guides my family.
He answers prayer.

All of those things are true. But they don't quite answer the question.

Who is God Himself?

That question stopped me.

So often, I know God through His gifts, His work, and my experience of Him, but I don't slow down enough to consider who He is in Himself.

The sermon brought us back to the Belgic Confession: God is one, simple, spiritual, eternal, incomprehensible, invisible, immutable, infinite, almighty, perfectly wise, just, and the overflowing fountain of all good.

These aren't merely theological words. They describe the God I worship.

And the more I thought about them, the more comforting they became.

God is eternal. He isn't here today and gone tomorrow. His faithfulness doesn't have an expiration date.

God is immutable. He doesn't wake up in a different mood. His character doesn't change. The God who loved His people yesterday is the same God today.

God is almighty. My problems may feel enormous, but they are never bigger than Him.

God is perfectly wise. My life may sometimes look confusing or even chaotic, but God isn't improvising. He sees the beginning and the end.

God is just. Nothing is ultimately overlooked. Every wrong will be dealt with, and I don't have to carry the burden of making everything right myself.

And God is the fountain of all good.

Every good thing I experience—love, friendship, beauty, forgiveness, joy, provision—ultimately comes from Him. I am not drinking from a small cup that might someday run dry. God Himself is the fountain.

But there was one truth that especially stayed with me:

God is incomprehensible, but He is knowable.

I will never completely understand God. My mind cannot contain an infinite God.

And that's actually good news.

A God small enough for me to completely understand would be too small to save me.

Yet God has not left us guessing in the dark. He has revealed Himself through His Word, and supremely through Jesus Christ.

In Jesus, the God who is infinitely above us has come near to us.

The sermon reminded us that God's attributes can be frightening when we stand apart from Christ. His holiness, justice, and almighty power are not small things.

But in Christ, the same God becomes our Father.

His power becomes our security.
His wisdom becomes our confidence.
His justice becomes our hope.
His goodness becomes our joy.

That changes the way I want to live.

When I am anxious, I want to remember that God is almighty.

When I don't understand what is happening, I want to remember that God is perfectly wise.

When God feels distant, I want to remember that He is near to those who call upon Him.

When I worry about the future, I want to remember that God is eternal and unchanging.

And when I wonder whether there will be enough grace for whatever comes next, I want to remember that He is the overflowing fountain of all good.

Psalm 145 says:

“Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.”

I don't need to master God.

I don't need to have every question answered.

I need to know Him as He has revealed Himself—and respond with faith, worship, and praise.

This is our God.

Not a God we have invented.
Not merely a God defined by what He does for us.
But the living God who has revealed Himself to us, who came near to us in Christ, and who calls us to know Him.

And so, like David, I want my response to be:

“I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever.”

Every day.

Forever.

And ever.

❤️ Support This Blog


If this post helped you, you can support my writing with a small donation. Thank you for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts

Fix “A problem occurred starting process 'command node'” in Android Studio for React Native

Swagger annotations for API that allows downloading files as zip

2023, New Start! New AdSense Account! New Earnings!